An in house professial development secondment has created the opportunity to join RSSB on a 12 month fixed term contract.
The Assistant Strategy Implementation Manager (ASIM) will support the Principal Strategy Implementation
Manager (PRISIM) - Station Operations - with the delivery of the LHSBR strategy; providing the link between RSSB and the industry
group/key industry stakeholders to develop the LHSBR Delivery Roadmap and resourced workplan. The ASIM
will support the PRISM in the delivery of RSSB’s planned technical outputs, manage meeting and reporting
activities for their risk area and support the industry to embed workplan outputs and realise the benefits to
You will establish effective working methods with industry partners, building collaboration overcoming
barriers to help mitigate risks in health and safety and realisation of the LHSBR strategy.
You will meet or exceed member and stakeholder expectations, supporting the delivery of the relevant risk
groups’ objectives and help promote the adoption of RSSB products and services to the benefit of their
business. You will be working with industry members to assist with the implementation and embedding of
LHSBR outputs, monitoring and providing feedback on the effectiveness and efficiency of our Products and
Services and the embedding and communication of these.
• Relevant Degree or equivalent experience in a field relevant to the risk area.
• Able to work on own initiative as well as part of a team.
• Understanding of health and safety issues within rail with the ability to mitigate these.
• Able to build working relationships with multiple stakeholders.
• Solution orientated with effective problem-solving skills and proactive approach.
• Effective planner focus on detail, processes and quality reviews.
• Effective customer service and engagement skills.
• Demonstrable experience of working effectively with a range of senior external and internal
• Effective verbal and written communication skills with the ability to adapt the style to suit the
• Effective organisational skills adopting a structured and methodical approach to tasks
• Ability to manage own workload to meet deadlines
• Experienced in using MS Office Suite Excel, Word and Visio
• A real interest in supporting the industry in developing and maturing its health and safety
• A commitment to RSSB’s values and customer service
Early applications are encouraged, as we may close this vacancy before the advertised deadline if sufficient numbers of applications are received.
We understand the importance of work-life balance and we offer our staff the flexibility to work within our core hours and the option to vary their location between both the office and home. If you are looking for further flexibility, speak to us at interview stage so that we can consider your request.
We value our staff and we offer a competitive benefits package to ensure our staff can achieve their best throughout their journey with us. This includes 30 days annual leave (plus bank holidays); a holiday buy and sell scheme; private medical and dental cover; a season ticket loan and travel subsidy; access to a cycle to work scheme; volunteer leave; a performance related bonus and pension.