We are currently recruiting for a number of Assembly Fitters for 12+ weeks work for a well-established rail engineering firm based in Burton-on-Trent, Staffordshire.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
• To safely clean, strip and rebuild rail doors and fittings (ensuring key parts are not damaged).
• Work on own initiative or as part of a team within a dedicated team of fitters working to production deadlines.
• Perform tasks (considered to be within his/her capability) within an assembly area.
• To be flexible and work in any assembly area, accepting the possible varying shift patterns and also to help if required in non-assembly areas.
• Undertake any necessary training to allow for flexibility between the differing assembly areas and train other personnel.
• Overhaul, repair, assemble and test a variety of rail doors and their fixtures.
• Where equipment does not achieve required outputs, does not fit together, etc. to investigate, fault find and diagnose likely causes and where possible correct the fault. Notify appropriate personnel of actual and potential problems.
• Ensure quality requirements are met by working to technical documents and work instructions.
• Carry out minor maintenance tasks and specified routine preventative maintenance some of which may be outside the assembly areas.
• Participate in continuous improvement workshops to increase efficiency within the company. Utilise improvement tools such as 5S to improve the flow and workplace layout.
• Raise Non-Conformance Records as appropriate.
• Communicate to Supervision/Manager any deficiencies in the production activity as they are detected and suggest any possible actions to correct these deficiencies.
• Ensure that tools, gauges, measuring equipment, etc, are properly stored and calibrations are in date.
• Experience within an Engineering/Manufacturing environment.
• General mechanical knowledge.
• Able to read and understand engineering drawings.
Fusion People are operating as an employment agency to fill this role.