We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated Arborist Project Lead to join our team. The Arborist Project Lead will be responsible for overseeing a team of arborists, managing vegetation management projects, ensuring safety protocols, and maintaining high-quality standards of work. The ideal candidate will possess strong leadership qualities, a deep understanding of arboriculture practices, and a commitment to both team collaboration and excellent customer service
- Lead a team of arborists, providing direction, guidance, and support to ensure efficient and high-quality tree care services.
- Plan, schedule, and coordinate daily tasks and projects, allocating resources effectively to meet client expectations and project deadlines.
- Conduct tree assessments to determine appropriate care and maintenance techniques, considering factors such as species, health, and safety.
- Collaborate with clients to understand their tree care needs, provide expert advice, and recommend appropriate solutions.
- Ensure compliance with health and safety regulations, industry standards, and company policies during all operations.
- Maintain accurate records of work performed, including assessments, work orders, and job completion reports.
- Train and mentor team members, providing ongoing professional development and promoting a culture of safety and continuous improvement.
- Monitor equipment maintenance and report any issues for timely repairs or replacements.
- Work to LOLER and PUWER legislation
- Assist in estimating project costs, providing input for proposals, and participating in client meetings as necessary.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in arboriculture, including tree care, pruning, removals, and preservation techniques.
- Proven leadership experience, with the ability to effectively manage and motivate a team.
- Extensive knowledge of tree species, growth patterns, and tree health diagnostics.
- Proficiency in the use of arboriculture tools and equipment, including chainsaws, chippers, ropes, and climbing gear.
- Strong understanding of health and safety regulations related to tree care operations.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, for client interactions and team coordination.
- A valid UK driving license