Full Time permanent position, competitive salary & benefits package in car and uncapped bonus
RSS INFRASTRUCTURE Limited (RSSI), has been recognised by Network Rail at the 2018 ‘Rail Partnership Awards’, being awarded SME of the Year, for its work within the Rail and Construction industry, developing bespoke solutions for clients that deliver improved safety and productivity.
From our offices in Birmingham, Newport and Doncaster, RSS Infrastructure has over 200 directly employed staff members and a diverse contingent labour workforce that cover the majority of the UK. The company has developed a service portfolio that includes; Overhead Line Electrification, Vegetation Management, Track Access, Civils/Construction solutions, Safety Critical Resource Services, Magnetic Safety Barrier Fencing, Magnetic Points Boards, Signalling Services as well as being the UK’s sole provider of Track Warning Systems.
What will I be doing?
Working as part of our busy Account Development team, you will play a key role in ensuring the department achieves the minimum target of 5 different RSSI services for each client, ensuring that the company is an embedded part of the client’s supply chain. You will work with the Senior Management Teams and other members of the business development team in the generation, management and conversion of a sustainable pipeline of work that reflects the current and anticipated Business Plan. You will have a thirst for research and intelligence gathering, the interpretation and communication of data and the preparation and implementation of appropriate action plans within the organisation in order to promote the services provided to our clients. On a day-to-day basis your duties will involve:
- Working collaboratively with senior management to build the divisional unit business plans
- Researching to understand the separate business units and product drivers of the sector, customer, key stakeholders and opportunities
- Understanding the current macroeconomic conditions and market trends to ensure that key risks and opportunities are identified
- Maintaining an accurate pipeline of work on the CRM system to ensure accurate forecasting of business volume for the SMT
- Keeping the CRM system up to date by adding opportunities and contacts.
- Working alongside the bid team and SMT to contribute to the bid or no bid of tender meetings.
- Contributing to the preparation of PQQ and tender documents
- Understanding our current clients to provide advice and support to customers to ensure that they receive the most appropriate service offering for their needs - identifying and closing any gaps in our service.
- Playing a key role in ensuring that current customers remain satisfied and delivering exceptional customer service on a day-to-day basis
- Arranging and attending an agreed number of monthly account management meetings with current and new clients.
- Conducting business reviews with Serve Qual assessments to understand client drivers, competitors, growth potential, and business risks.
- Engaging with sectors and customers to anticipate potential business opportunities and implement actions to position the business with differentiated advantage
- Analysing Customer base across the sector to establish a common approach to retention & growth
- Maintaining sector and customer account plans
- Delivering targeted sales growth within sector/customers
- Ensuring that all customers have signed commercial contracts/terms of business in place prior to any works commencing.
- Ensuring that all documentation is professionally maintained/delivered and stored in compliance with company policy
- Preparing programmes of external communication, customer engagement and brand promotion that will contribute to the achievement of the business’s objectives
- Reviewing, collating and reporting on spend and penetration levels by site and customer, identifying any underperformance against the agreed SLA and address such matters with the operational team
- Meeting with nominated client representatives to report and present management information and project progress.
- Where necessary, representing the business at conferences, trade fairs and networking events throughout the UK.
- Personally visiting ‘key’ locations to review performance.
What experience would we like you to have?
Our ideal candidate will possess significant experience within a similar role within the Rail or Infrastructure sector. You will be a people person with strong customer service and commercial skills meaning you are able to demonstrate commercial wins and excellent client retention. For this role it is essential that the successful candidate is able to drive.
RSS Infrastructure offer a range of benefits including:
- 20 days paid annual leave rising to 25 plus statutory bank holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Private Medical Cover (after qualifying period)
- Health cash plan (after qualifying period)
- Sick Pay
- Company vehicle
Our mission is to ensure that we make our clients operate more safely and achieve more productivity when on site, whether delivering new projects, track renewal programmes or maintenance of the rail infrastructure. We are not just another infrastructure company, but a trusted company who understands the value of partnerships and long standing business relationships, continually looking to deliver outstanding performance and customer service, and we remain as one of the market leading rail services groups within the UK.
We believe in the value and contribution of individuals, respecting the diverse make up of our organisation and need people who want to make a difference to our clients and to the growth of the Group. Our teams are committed, supporting each other to meet the demands of an industry sector which operates 24 hours a day, 7 days per week, 365 days of the year. Working together to either plan, resource or deliver a range of services in to a highly demanding industry sector, that can be very reactive, challenging your skills to adapt quickly to new situations. A strong work ethic and a ‘Can Do’ attitude is the foundation of our business, we want people who can drive success and have a right first time, every time approach to their work life, without cutting corners and who understand the essence of safety and customer service. We are a people orientated business, nurturing, and investing in our staff and teams to become the best at what they do, creating managers and leaders of the future.
As an equal opportunity’s employer, RSS Infrastructure do not discriminate on grounds of ethnicity, race, religious beliefs, age, disability, gender or sexual orientation.
The company also actively encourages both reservists and veterans of the Armed Forces to apply for positions. For more information on how we support ex-military personnel please visit our website.